Friday, April 2, 2010

TGIF Circus Life, Republicans "Dirty White Boys & The Horse They Rode In On"


The Week In Review - How Will The Republicans Get Their Grove Back? Who Or What, Is Stopping RNC Chairman Michael Steele, From Pitching That Huge GOP Party Tent? Why is Tucker Carlson Firing Into That Same Tent?

Full disclosure, I'm not a Republican, I am an Independent that leans Libertarian. Reading, and watching the coverage this last week of the RNC's foibles, and some of their members, taking less than helpful positions - And in so doing, they seemingly are taking a verbal exhibitionist's delight, in repelling their own base - by taking less than helpful positions. I don't mean the kind of positions that require a dominatrix's direction. Although some of these Republican lawmakers could give a contortionist tips - they like their pretzel logic. If only a whip, and a session at a bondage club could do the trick, and get all the Republicans on the same page, and moving in the same direction. I would be encouraged at this point, to see anyone trying to whip the party into shape. Why would I as an Independent, want to see them get it together? This country is supposed to have a two party system. I don't think some of the current elected Republicans "get it" we already have a Democrat Party, we don't need two.

We are 214 Days out from the November 2nd elections, and Tucker Carlson of the Daily Caller, and Fox News Contributor, thinks that the RNC's expense accounts are worthy of disclosing for public consumption, and itemizing. (Sure let's do the RNC's laundry in public why not?) I guess Tucker thinks this is News, to point out that the Chairman of the RNC, Michael Steele, uses planes for transportation, and stays in hotels. Wow, slow news day Tucker - or is he getting a dividend from Motel 6?

The big controversy, some RNC staffer tried to get reimbursement for taking some young Republican donors to a club. Not just any club a pretty popular West Hollywood pseudo bondage themed club - Voyeur.
Here is a link to show all the celebrities that frequent this pseudo bondage club. Anyone remember when the Pussy Cat Dolls, would have celebrities in their pseudo stripper act? Different theme same behavior. If you haven't already, you can read about it here at the Daily Caller: Democratic National Committee says GOP is "keeping alive" Voyeur nightclub story in the media. Long story short, the money is rescinded, staffer is fired, and Tucker Carlson makes the RNC look like a bunch of clowns.

I really don't understand why Tucker Carlson is firing into the GOP tent, this close to the November elections? He thinks the Republicans have the advantage, and need to be handicapped? Tucker Carlson thinks his criticism of how the RNC is spending money is going to accomplish what exactly? Mr Carlson wants the RNC Chairman Michael Steele Fired? I would remind Mr Carlson, you don't change horses in the middle of the stream. This is only some of the confusion, coming out of the Republican Party.

Independents are watching you GOP, and we vote. I have to say, I am not being instilled with confidence in the Republican Party as an alternative to the Democrat Party these days. It's not like I am invested so it doesn't make any difference to me if the Republicans spend another election cycle in the Political Desert. Some of the messages coming from the Republican lawmakers are in exact contradiction to other members. For example, Senator Cornyn, and Senator Corker. I was so upset with Senator Cornyn for voting for the 1st TARP, I voted for his opponent when he was last up for reelection in November of 2008. He still isn't convincing me that he is representing my interest. I don't know if this is their way of testing the mood of the public or if they just have that condition called Involuntary Utterance, and can't help themselves.

I know after the GOP lost the last Presidential election, they discussed the need to bring in new people to the Party - young people, you know the kind who go to hip West Hollywood celebrity hangouts, and want to donate money to the Republican Party. The traditional perception being of the GOP is that of, the party of stuffy old white guys. Are they now transforming into something new? Although I am not sure about the new image they are adopting of "Dirty White Boys" The last thing it's seems the RNC critics want is for the RNC to appeal to young voters/SARC.

After last week's reporting on the Republican's Peccadillos, I find myself in a different position than Democrats & Republicans - their bases are going to come out for them anyway, but as it's been said many times, it's Independents that decide elections. If the Republicans can't figure out that "You don't change horses in the middle of the stream" they might have to get used to the barren political landscape, they have been occupying for the last couple of election cycles...as for me, I can't speak for other Independents, but I find myself, In The Desert, With A Horse With No Name"

blog comments powered by Disqus