Friday, November 5, 2010

Falling From Great Heights - A Cautionary Tale Of Son Worshiping.

Classical Fail.

Icarus in Greek mythology was the son of a master craftsman Daedalus. Icarus and Daedalus were being imprisoned on the Greek island of Crete by King Minos. In order to escape from their exile, Daedalus created two pairs of wings out of wax and feathers for himself and his son Icarus. Daedalus admonished Icarus, that he must not fly too close to the sun or too close to the sea. Icarus and Daedalus fled from the island. Icarus was not used to such great heights, and was overcome with the elation of flying so high above the earth. Feeling euphoric and not thinking, Icarus flew too close to the sun, and the sun melted the wax holding his wings together, eventually he lost all the feathers, and was flapping his bare arms. He plummeted into the sea.

What is the moral of this story?

Know your own limits, listen to the wise and experienced? Naked power will burn you? Over reaching can lead to steep declines GRIN.

Last Tuesday we had an election so far I can't tell that anyone has learned anything from the shift in power, from one political party to another. But I have read a lot about people lamenting their fall from power, and the power grasping of others. And still more, lamenting their political party didn't grab even more power.

There is a quote from the movie "White Man Can't Jump" as it turns out neither could Icarus.

Sometimes when you win, you really lose, and sometimes when you lose, you really win, and sometimes when you win or lose, you actually tie, and sometimes when you tie, you actually win or lose. Winning or losing is all one organic mechanism, from which one extracts what one needs.
Gloria Clemente

Barack H Obama "I Won" Obama, Obama, Obama.

Tuesday nights election was a repudiation of Barack H Obama Sr.'s son's polices. Worshiping someone's son, SEE "Dreams Of My Father" isn't really like worshiping the sun - one gives off light and heat, the other is reflected light. There are those who chose worshiping Barack H Obama, they were attracted to the artificial light, like moths to a naked light bulb. Many of them have fallen from positions of great heights.

Photobucket

Click On Graphics - For More Midterm Election Fall Out.

I am pretty sure there is a cautionary tale to be learned from Tuesday's Night's National Elections, if anyone survives the fall.

"Learn To Fly" Foo Fighters

Run and tell all of the angels
This could take all night
Think I need a devil to help me get things right
Hook me up a new revolution
Cause this one is a lie
We sat around laughing and watched the last one die

I'm looking to the sky to save me
Looking for a sign of life
Looking for something to help me burn out bright
I'm looking for a complication
Looking cause I'm tired of trying
Make my way back home when I learn to fly

I think I'm done nursing the patience
It can wait one night
I'd give it all away if you give me one last try
We'll live happily ever trapped if you just save my life
Run and tell all the angels that everything is alright. . .

Fly along with me, I can't quite make it alone
Try and make this life my own

blog comments powered by Disqus