Wednesday, May 29, 2013

Covert Hypnosis, The Somnombulance Lament " I don't wanna do your sleepwalk dance anymore"


"Show us on the graphic above where 
the Internet touched you".
This is a current meme trending on facebook.
A cartoon of a brain with the meme: Show us 
on the doll where the internet touched you.  

This graphic is from Gizmag's article,
Hat Tip/Anonymous, comment from last blog post. 
I only publish the comments with an ID.
I do read the pending comments, but I flush the SPAM.
Anonymous tipped me off to Conversational Hypnosis.

Covert hypnosis refers to an attempt 
to communicate with
another person's unconscious mind
 without the person noticing.
As it often takes place in the course
 of a seemly regular conversation,
it's also known as conversational hypnosis
 or "sleight of mouth". 

I took the idea of this phenom one more step,
 what happens when "covert hypnosis"
is being employed by a non human?

William Shatner has a program 
on the Sci Fi Network 
and National Geographic Network.
It's called "Is That Weird or What" 
Last night's episode was titled 

But what if the greatest threat to life as we know it is neither natural nor extra-terrestrial? What is we are the engineers of our own demise? Noted engineer Ray Kurzweil insists that Robot Intelligence will surpass human level by the year 2029. But, rather than anticipating a terminator style annihilation, Kurzweil believes that biological humans will have completely synthesized with technology by the year 2045 in an event dubbed "The Singularity." He insists that this radical reinterpretation of the human condition will alter our biology rather than our humanity, elevating us to levels of ability and intellect unachievable under natural constraints.

I was watching this episode last night, and
 William Shatner, even brought up, what if this thing we call the 

As far as media manipulation of the passive viewer, I have blogged 
about it Here, Here  & My Last Post Here

A note to my commenters if you don't want to use
 an ID, and you want to leave a link, 
use the chat box in the
upper right hand corner. 

I don't wanna be the bad guy
I don't wanna do your sleepwalk dance anymore
I just wanna see some palm trees
I will try and shake off this disease.....

swim out past the breakers 
and watch the world die.....


blog comments powered by Disqus